Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thoughts on the Sisterhood

I have been truly blessed with some wonderful friends throughout my life. If any of you are out there reading this you know who you are! I love you guys. I have been thinking about my grandmother and about how supportive my friends were when she died. I plan on blogging about this next. First I want to acknowledge the sisterhood. In high school me and a few of my friends (Once again you know who you are). Created a pact that we called the sisterhood we created a list of Rules "The Rules of the Sisterhood". I ran into these rules recently they are pretty funny so I will share them with all of you.

The Rules of the Sisterhood

1. Dating is not for male companionship but for free entertainment.

2. Don't burn bridges he might have a cute friend (or Brother).

3. If you've dated one brother you have dated them all.

4. When a guy sweeps you off your feet check for a dust pan.

5. A women needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.
5a- Even a fish needs to go on a ride some times (The MCI Rule).

6. If a guy makes me stress he is not worth it.

7. I am not looking for the perfect man he is looking for me.

I am pretty sure that I broke all of these rules at least once. I am also embarrassed to say that the rules about dating brothers were there on my account. I had a tendency to date brothers. Who knew. I think I dated four or five sets. And by dated I mean I went on dates with more than one sibling in the same family. So I really was not a complete freak or anything. I never dated three brothers in one family and in most cases, I did not make out with more than one brother (but it did happen once or twice). I am also embarrassed to say that the first two people I kissed were actually siblings. I am eternally grateful that my husband and his brother can not be counted as part of the above group. I have started to train my sons young. I have told them that they can never date someone that one of there brothers dated cause it is just wrong (and by dated in this case I mean made out with)! I am not sure exactly when the rules of the sisterhood were written. Some time in between 1990 and 1992. And if your reading this Leslie I still say Orange!And the world will always revolve around yogurt. Finally to the sisterhood thanks for helping me survive high school I couldn't have done it with out you. OK so maybe I could have but it would not have been as FUN and I would not be who I am today! So Thanks. I can't take a walk on the beach, watch Oprah, eat frozen yogurt, step into a stake dance or work out to a bad seventy's exercise video without thinking about you. Love - Peace - & -Eternal Marriage.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

LOLOLOLOL - I haven't thought about the rules of the Sisterhood in YEARS and I am totally cracking up - I also have to say that dating the brother thing was something that I never did or even entertained the thought of with my husband's brothers - since they will never read this, I can say ewww! Thanks so much for this post and I may have to post the rules on my own site just for fun...

Some more gems:

Please tell me that thing is a juicer!

More than Words (1,000,000 times)

What happened to the bristles on the curling iron??? (the fingernail clippers)

Marie Calendar's & the free concert with the guys we picked up on the freeway

The Morgan Hill Stalker

LOL - good times! I sure miss you! I am watching it snow wondering how I ended up in Colorado - hope to see you soon!

Leslie said...

Peace, Love & Temple Marriage!!!