Monday, March 3, 2008

Thought on my Favorite Places

Recently I have been thinking about some of my favorite places. Places that I love to be or have loved to be. I thought I would share these places with you.

My grandparents front room on a clear spring morning. My grandparents lived in the Oakland Hills (CA) and had a wonderful view of the San Francisco Bay Area from their front room. I loved watching the bay out their window while reading a good book or listening to music.

My childhood bedroom on a sunny Saturday morning. I love the way sunlight poured into my room as a child. I always felt like a cat curled up in the window cell. It always made me feel safe and warm.

Yosemite Valley in Spring. When all the waterfalls are full and there is still a slight chill in the air. I have always loved Yosemite especially in spring before the tourist season starts. It is a clear reminder of the beauty that can be found all around us.

Tuolomne Meadows in early June. Tuolomne Meadows is in Yosemite's high county. It has amazing meadows and is the perfect place for a long walk. It is about an hour from Yosemite valley but is well worth the drive. It is the perfect spot to camp.

High Way One driving south right past the Edge water Center in Sand City. As you come over the crest of the hill and the Monterey Bay is laid out before you. I am always surprised by how beautiful this is. I have seen it hundreds of times but I am always touched by its beauty.

UCSC anywhere on campus with a view. University of California Santa Cruz in nestled in the foot hills of the Santa Cruz mountains, its surrounded by redwoods and has an amazing view of the Monterey Bay Area. It is a amazing place to live and attend classes. I am truly blessed to have gone to school there.

The Monterey Plaza Hotel in a room facing the sea at midnight. The rooms with the sea view sit right on the bay and have a wall of windows so all you see is water. At midnight the moon and stars reflects off the bay and you can see the lights of the surrounding towns in the distance. It is beautiful.

Outside my parents house on a clear winter night. My parents live at the top of a hill and on a winters night it always looks like the whole sky is laid out above you. I used to sneak out side at night just to look at the stars.

Pico Blanco Boy Scout Camp in the Ventana Wilderness close to Big Sur. Pico Blanco is a quiet beautiful camping area nestled between mountains in the Ventana Wilderness. I went there as a teenager for girls camp and loved it.

Pfeiffer beach about a mile past the Big Sur valley. The hike in to the beach is not bad. Their are beautiful rock formations and it is great for a picnics. It is rarely sunny but is still one of my favorite spots on the coast. Julia Pfeiffer state beach is also beautiful this is about eight miles south of the Big Sur Valley.

The sealing rooms of the San Diego temple as light pours through the stain glass windows. Looking up the spiral stairway as light reflects down the stairs in the Manti temple. Their is nothing quite like the peace and quiet of the temple.

What can I say I love the nature, peace, quiet and light. There are tons of beautiful little spots that surround all of us. These are my favorites
.

No comments: