Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughts on Guy Movies

Really what is up with the whole men's action genre? I just don't get the average guy flick. Really what is the purpose of badly written action plots that lack characters, story development and comprehensible plot. I am currently watching clear and present danger. Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against Tom Clancy or Harrison Ford but why? This movie is actually good compared to most of the other films in this genre. Yet I am still sitting here and wondering why. Really action films have come a long way since Rambo but they still leave me asking why.
Here is a list of five of my least favorite action films of all time. Judge Dread, Demolition Man, Tango and Cash, The Rambo's, under siege and any Jean-ClaudeVan Damme or Steven Seagal movies. I couldn't really narrow it down there are so many crappy movies out there. I know I am forgetting some of my favorite crappy guy movies. I also don't understand the perfect storm.

No comments: